Wednesday, January 18, 2017

New Year - New Goals!!!!

  Ok - Its been a lil bit since I posted a Update. With the holidays over I have some more time to focus on the brand and to figure out how to sell more product. I've been talking to a guy that's been in the T shirt biz for a awhile now and recieved a bunch of good advice. So I'm trying to incorporate some of those ideas into my game plan. Like simplifying the designs, not using as many colors, and even cutting out some of the color options for the T's themselves. I was told that if the consumer has too many options, it might make it harder to choose one.
  So I came up with a simple one color design, that will only come in four different color shirts. I did this for two reasons really. One was to test the theory, and the other was because I can have these designs screen printed fairly easy if I decide to have them printed locally. Plus the designs are all hyper local to Pontiac Michigan anyway. (you will see in the pics) So i might end up taking these one to some shows around town.Those designs are up on the site now so we will see what the response is. I also lowered the price on these ones to $20 instead of the regular $25 so we'll see if that helps any.
  The main thing now is STILL Marketing and promotion. I'll have a small amount to spend so I have to have the most bang for my buck. Everything I've researched so far though is pointing to buying Facebook ads. They have a sliding scale so I can spend whatever I want really and see where that takes me. Even if it doesn't boost sales right away then at least it should build more of a fanbase for the Brand itself. (likes, shares, comments, etc.) I have my daughter running the InstaGram page for YungNSavage so I need to order some shirts for the fam and take a bunch of pics soon too.
  I think its hard to sell any kind of clothes online unless people have herd or bought it before. People want to feel the material and try it on, you cant do that online so I think that's an issue Ill have to address as well. If I had some inventory at home I could give some shirts to the kids and have them wear it at school (nothing like forcing your kids to advertise :) if they wanted to of coarse, and I definitely need to take some shirts to these shows around Pontiac.
  So I guess that's the Plan as of now. I'll keep promoting online the best I can until I can afford some real advertising space, Ill build up a small inventory at home to show people how the products look and feel in the real world, and Ill keep trying to come up with designs that people like - hopefully!!!
        Make sure you check out the store and take a look at all the shirts so far!!!!
Visit the YungNSavage Online store by clicking HERE




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment