Monday, November 28, 2016

Hurdles...and how I jump em!

  After I got my online store up and running (See It Here!!) through connecting my Printaura and Storenvy accounts, I came up against a couple issues. After promoting my New site on the YungNSavge Facebook page the first day or two I started getting feedback. 
  Most were super positive and talked about the designs and materials, and then I got one from this nice lady telling me something was off with the xl sizes. She said the regular size shirts listed for $25 but if you picked a larger size like 2xl or bigger that it would ring up for waaaay cheaper. Not that it was that hard to fix. I just had to go back to my settings and set the price for each individual size, no biggie and I was super glad she had let me know what was going on. The next issue came to light when someone asked me about Sweaters. At the time I didn't have any Up but with the weather here in Michigan quickly approaching sub zero temperatures, I figured it would be a good idea to get some up. So I went to work transferring some of the original designs to the sweat shirt mock ups online. I picked the colors I would offer and remembered to set the prices for ALL the sizes ;) Just as I got done loading everything up to the page and tried to click the button to link it to my online store -- Nothing happened. I tried to reload the page - restart my laptop - went throught the whole process a dozen times and finally decided it was time to try and reach technical support.
  Initially they replied pretty quick. They said they would look into it and get back with me. I thought fine. It was probably an automated response but I would have to wait and hope it was just a maintenance issue or some other quick fix. Well after a couple days go by I start to grow impatient and write another email. I kinda went off to be honest. I told whoever was reading them that I expected the site to work as advertised and probably two paragraphs later I ended with how disappointed I was with there service. I immediately began to search for other drop shippers. I felt like it was important to be able to update my products and didn't really think anyone was helping fix the issue - well not fast enough anyway. Then I get an email back from the company explaining that they have a small staff working to fix bugs and other issues. The way it was worded made me feel like a dick truthfully. I realized I was being impatient and maybe a little over excited to launch the new shirts. I mean yea they should have everything at 100% all the time....but shit happens, and it taught me a lesson too. I see how the way I communicate with people can be off putting at times, and I need to express more patients in tense situations in order to find the best way to fix them. I was completely satisfied with the way they apologised and explained there position and I will do my best to handle situations in a similar fashion. So thanks Printaura - the issue took a couple more days to fix but as of now everything's up and running smoothly with new designs coming soon. 
  Go check out the store and tell me what you guys really think in the comments. I can always use some real feedback and who knows you might find your new favorite shirt.       https://yungnsavage.storenvy.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment