Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Struggle

After deciding that I wanted to put real effort into this T Shirt idea, It was time to do some research.
  I had almost $0 to invest into this company, raising 4 kids leaves my experimental business ventures to a minimum, so I had to find a way to set up an online store and link it with a print-on-demand drop shipping service for free.. There were plenty of websites to choose from. A simple Google search brought me a lot of options so that's when I dug into the review side of things. I read articles, comments, and watched videos of people who had tried different services and I paid close attention to what they were saying about the sizes and feel of the materials, along with who offered the best quality prints on the shirts.
  I realized pretty quick that the range of color, size and print quality could drastically change depending on what company I chose so I wanted to make sure I went with the right people for the job. After I re surfaced from my laptop with soar eyes and a half asleep butt cheek I decided on Printaura to manufacture and ship my designs. They had the best reviews and one of the biggest selection of clothing brands to choose from. they weren't they cheapest to go through but I wanted the "feel" to be right and they had the kind of shirt I knew would be the right fit.
  How did I know - Because I went into my closet and took a couple of my favorite shirts off there hangers and started to look at the tags. 3/4 of em were made by the same company and the prints on my shirts still looked good after years of wearing and washing them. So I knew I wanted to go with the Bella/Canvas brand of shirt for my collection and luckily Printaura offered them with there services.
  They offered a handful of online shops through Printaura that you could link to your account and load directly to your store (which Im having troubles with but ill talk about that later) so I did a little more research and made a Storenvy account to set up my online store. They had a bunch of customizable templates and it was really easy to get the store up and going. Everything linked up and after creating a paypal my store was online and ready to take orders.
  I already had 5 designs I wanted to use so I loaded em up to the site and chose the available colors, sizes, and pricing for each individual shirt idea. That was a lil time consuming but nothing too technical. I got everything ready for the first 5 designs of my shirt collection and they were up 4 sale on my new site.   ------------->    https://yungnsavage.storenvy.com/
  Now it was time to spread the word. I looked up the best way to promote a new clothing line and instantly went to work on some of the ideas. I found a bunch of fashion bloggers I thought might have the same kind of style I was trying to convey with my shirts and started writing emails. I sent a small bio of me and the company with a couple pics of my shirts and links to the store. I also started a new facbook page and invited everyone I could to check out my new line of shirts. 
  Im still in the begining stages of promotions and Ive only herd back from a few of the fashion bloggers. A couple said they were interested but basically wanted $ to post any reviews or share any links so that's kinda suspended pending better funding. As for now I'm sticking to my grass roots campaign and trying to organically grow the site, but I might have to break down and eventually spend some advertising dollars if want to reach a bigger consumer audience.
  So thats a quick run threw of how I got things set up. I've received a ton of positive feedback on the designs and cant wait to start selling shirts. As for now Im working on more designs and trying to expand my product line for the fast approaching shopping season. Ill have sweaters and hats as well as the T Shirts and maybe posters..but we'll see. Next time Ill go over the issues Im having with the site and some of the better advertising options I'll consider. Thanks for reading - Check out the store and tell me what u think -- 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment