Sunday, November 13, 2016

Some Background

And it Starts......

 Ok lets get the simple stuff out of the way first. My name is Marc Russell. Im a 30 sumthin single father of four (Yes 4) and I come from Pontiac/Flint Michigan. I was raised between My mom ( I was her only son) and my Dad (he had 3 other kids besides me). My mom was always a hard working independent woman and provided me with everything I needed growing up, My Dad on the other hand struggled with drug addiction and a hand full of other issues throughout my child hood.
  I went to a bunch of different schools growing up, due to the fact that we moved a lot but I feel like staying in Michigan - Ohio - Arizona - South Carolina -and  Florida has expanded my overall understanding of people and how the world works.
  So things were weird growing up. I had material shit at my moms but I would still Love going to my dads on weekends and the summers to hang and see my friends. My mom worked so much that she was gone a lot and that led to me getting into trouble pretty often. Both my parents tried there hardest to keep me on the right path but I think my arrest record wold prove I didn't listen well either.
  So I learned  a lot from both sides really. I learned the value of working hard to achieve your goals ......But I also learned how to Hustle and Survive in a Dangerous place.
  My Older Sister was pretty Gangsta growing up TBH and I'm positive she is the reason I fell in Love with Hip Hop. She always had music playing - From R Kelly to Esham and everything in between. I remember she took me to my first concert at the Phoenix center downtown Pontiac. Dis N Dat was performing. A Girl version of the 69 Boyz and just as Nasty. - It was Loud - It was Lewd - and I was Hooked
  From then on I searched and Listened to every single peace of Rap music I could get my hands on. I taped songs from the radio. I stole my Sisters tapes. I begged every time we went to any flea market for anyone to please please pleeeease buy me one of the hundred of new mixtapes neatly stacked on the tables. I was obsessed so say the least. I related to what I herd and that led to me wanting to make my own music.
  I started like every other rapper. I recorded at friends and then at home. I paid for time in big studios around town and put out a couple cds. I had marginal success too...I started performing. Made a name for myself. Linked up with a few Big Name artists and made some good songs. My criminal ways came back around to bite me in the ass and I started spending more time locked up then on stage though. After awhile of trying to balance the street life I grew accustomed to and the music i loved, I chose to slide to the producing side of things and spend more time at home.
  What I learned on the music entertainment side of things was where I learned how to design. I started making cd covers and promo stuff for my music, People liked what I was doing and I eventually started doing other projects, Flyers, Covers, Shirts, Logos, you name it. I was pretty limited as far as the designs went though because I still have to make what a customer wanted or saw in there mind. That's when I began to experiment with some Tshirt Designs. I was influenced by my background in music but also by my passion for dressing well, and to honest who doesn't have a favorite shirt that just makes em feel good every time they wear it.
  I didn't see any other brand representing what I saw or what I thought was appealing. Not local and not anything of quality. So YungNSavage Tshirts were born. The brainchild of a "Rap Guy" with a sketchy past who cares about his appearance and comfort. I know its complicated - but not really. I've been in enough uncomfortable situations to know what feels good and I want to provide people with an option to have exciting clothes.
  Thats a lil background on me and just a lil on why I wanted to do this. The next post will cover how I came up with my designs - and How I decided what company to print. Thanks for reading hope it wasn't to scattered :)


No comments:

Post a Comment